Sunday, October 24, 2010

A makeshift lunch



My current apartmentmate is gone for the weekend. Normally, this means I'm going to eat my Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and/or whatever is leftover in the fridge (I know it's sad). It's just hard for me to be motivated to make food when I'm going to be eating it all by myself (Nancy breaks into a song). I guess, in my mind, I've made some sort of an association between cooking and company. When you eliminate the company part, the cooking part follows. Anyways, for some odd reason, I deviated from my usual patterns today (unusual being the creature of habit that I am). Maybe because it's sunny today after some dreary weeks here in San Diego.

A quick survey of the fridge gave me the idea to make this pasta. I simply added some fresh ingredients that I found in the fridge and around the apartment to some leftover plain linguini from a seafood pasta I made a couple days ago. The recipe for my delicious makeshift lunch is as follows:

Ingredients:
1 portion of leftover linguini
1 clove of garlic, minced
5-6 leaves of basil (from my poor basil plant)
1/4 of an onion, diced
6 med size shrimp, diced
5 stalks of asparagus
3 forkful of seasoned sundried tomatoes
olive oil
juice from 1/2 lime
salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Saute the garlic, onion, basil, and sundried tomatoes in olive oil.
2. Add shrimp and asparagus to the pan and cook until the shrimp changes color and the asparagus is tender.
3. Squeeze the lime juice directly into the pan and stir.
4. Add in the linguini. Stir and season with salt and black pepper to taste.

3 comments:

  1. ~All by myself~
    ~Don't wanna be.. All by myself.. Anymore~

    Another dreary day in San Diego, someone needs to have a serious talk with whoever is up there. I did NOT sign up for this.

    That actually looks yumms, and inspires me to make some real lunch instead of eating strawberry Greek yogurt (which is nonetheless yumms).

    I will try to post more now, as I saw that I am a contributor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tina beat me to it! more posts please... actually, why don't we bring that collectively-owned blog we had back to life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOMNOMNOMONOMONOMOM.

    ok more pls.

    ReplyDelete